20 January 2006

Laying low

I'm not at my best today. I heard that the school is not planning to hire me. The principal sent me an e-mail. Coward. Bah. I'm still looking for a job. But I'm eating ice cream and watching Sci Fi Friday right now. Oh, that wacky SG-1.

It seems that a significant portion of my life is messed up right now. People, situations, etc.

On the plus side, I'm looking forward to being done with my old job. It is definitely time to move on. I said goodbye to Glenn, as he will be in Ohio next week, so I won't see him again. He gave me a hug, and was all gruff and kindly; he said, "We never had children, but if I'd had a daughter, I'd like her to be just like you." Aw, Glenn. He is such a great engineer and excellent role model.
Next week, it'll be goodbye to everyone else. =(

2 comments:

Sher said...

I'm so sorry to hear you didn't get the job. :o(

Kiti said...

It's okay. I'm sure it's for the best.