12 January 2006

Personality

It's the name of a fun song in Road to Utopia.

It's also something we all possess. I like to categorize people (systemization is a prominent feature of my personality, by the way), especially by the Myers-Briggs classification.

I, myself, am INTJ. Surprised? Read the descriptions of the INTJ personality type under "For more info" in the left sidebar of that linked page. Feel free to snicker at the way the various articles capture my foibles and idiosyncracies, right down to the standoffishness (with people I don't know) and tendency to live primarily within my own head.

So, dear readers, what is your personality? Do you follow INTJ or some other kind of type indicator? Are you attracted to people with similar personalities to yours? Opposite? Complementary?

6 comments:

Humbled Man said...

I'm an ISTJ

Willow said...

I'm an ISFJ...the person who can be relied on to get something behind the scenes done, but likes to be thanked for it :)

Sher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sher said...

My Bloginality is ISTJ!!!

luminarumbra said...

I always come up as an INTP on these tests. I've found it's not a very common type. It seems a lot of my friends are INTJs or ISTJs, but I get along with most of the types. Sometimes I have some trouble with SFs, though. I just don't "get" them and they think I'm ignorant and arrogant. /shrug

Sher said...

I'm not sure who I get along with -- I actually seem to get along with just about anyone.

Jason is an ISTJ as well. I thought maybe this would be a bad thing, but I was reading that it is not uncommon for ISTJs to be attracted to each other -- they like the stability and loyalty that the other person brings into the relationship. The only pitfall is that we can be boring, so we are looking to develop friendships with people who are more interesting. :)