11 January 2006

Quoth the raven

"I am realizing that term papers are stupid. Why should I write about something that a lot of other people have written? If a teacher wants me to give information on a topic, why can't I just put together a list of relevant articles and books, and hand it to him, saying "These people are all experts on the subject. Read what they have to say, if you care." Why should I waste my time reading repetitive stuff and summarizing in a repetitive paper for someone else?"
-Found in an old e-mail about how much I hate term papers.

Other quotes found while sifting through the BUBBS inbox:

"You say 'ragingly unstable pyromaniac' like it's a bad thing."
-From a post about Guy Fawkes' Day.

"I've also become somewhat convinced that the Pythagoreans were on some sort of hallucinogenic drug."
-From a post about some paper I was writing.

"Last night I dreamed that it was my wedding day all over again (Sweet merciful heaven, didn't I suffer enough the first time?), and my wedding was attacked by terrorists. I managed to escape, but my dress was all ripped up. Luckily, I had a backup wedding dress, but it was at my hotel and my car and keys and everything were at the church with the terrorists. I managed to walk to the hotel, with the side of my dress all torn away, but couldn't get into my room, and the hotel clerk at the front desk (played by VJ Vonk) wouldn't give me another key card until I paid her $1.00 (the amount you have to pay an RA to let you into your room if you get locked out), and I only had 50 cents, but she gave it to me anyway, only it wasn't really a key card, but a Biola ID card that would just get me meals at the hotel restaurant..."
-From a post in Chaos, in response to Melissa posting that she had repeated nightmares about things going wrong on her wedding day.

2 comments:

Sher said...

Oh No, don't tell me there are going to be nightmares. I've already dreamed I was marrying someone else.

Melissa P. said...

There are most definitely nightmares. Horrible, horrible ones like you have an outdoor wedding, it rains, and you're late all at the same time.