12 January 2006

This week

I am with Sam and Melissa through tonight. They are addicted to internet Hearts (on Yahoo! Games) and Making Fiends.

Monkeys don't wear shoes.
Monkeys never lose their wallets.

I spent last night with Sherida. It was so great to see her, chat about life, and throw around ideas for her wedding! Sher is such a doll. She is a bit put off about planning the Big Event (she even made a blog about it), but fortunately, she has friends like Melissa, Jeri, and me, who will give her plenty of advice, and even lend a practical helping hand. Love you, Sherida!

The job sitch is not-so-fun, again. I practically had an offer for the teaching job, and had an appointment on Friday to go over a contract, but they called me yesterday, and said they had decided to explore options for filling the position internally. Whatever. I'm still keeping my Friday appointment, which will at least give me an opportunity to impress them further with my charm and expertise.
I'm even thinking about applying at Starbucks. The wage is considerably lower than what I make now, but when one adds in all the free frappucinos I'd be drinking, it would amount to barely any impact at all on net income.

1 comment:

Sher said...

Yay for inspirational friends!

Sorry to hear about the job. I will keep hoping and praying they see the light. :)

I found out I can have my Single Subject credential by June! All I need to do is take a class (already requested) and pass the Algebra and Geometry subtests of the CSET. Woo!