03 February 2006

Another day

I had a hard time waking up this morning. Not sure why. I had a slow morning, check e-mail and browsing want ads and such. It's hard work, to be sure, but slow.

DSFGE Day 4 was devoted to trying to figure out how to most effectively angle for that math teaching job. I haven't heard back from Jo-Ann's yet, so the education field looks most promising for me. It's what I really want to do, anyway. It'll still be a couple of weeks until I can get everything worked out, taking the CBEST and all, and the school district HR won't really talk to me until I fulfill the qualifications for the job. I understand that they're sticking by the book, so to speak, but would it kill them to work with me a little here?

I called an employment/recruitment agency, and they had me send them my resume. I'm hoping that I'll get some work, so that we have some income while I'm trying to find a steady job. Then I took my application for a lab job down to the UC Davis Vet Med and Research Center in Tulare. It's a great job, as far as my desire for biology is concerned, because it's doing lab work for research in epidemiology; I'd basically be testing for parasitological, bacteriological, and virological infections in farm animals. Cool stuff! But it's entry-level, and I'm not sure that I'd be what they're looking for in a junior lab assistant. Oh, well.

When Jeff came home, I made turkey (defrosted Thanksgiving leftovers) with peanut sauce and spinach, over rice. Mmm. Turned out very well, considering I didn't even use a recipe. We watched a Stargate SG-1 episode. This evening, I also chatted on the phone with Laurel, played some freecell solitaire, clipped the kitties' claws, and cleaned dishes in the kitchen.

I'm heading to bed soon, since I'm hoping to nip this too-groggy-to-wake-up-in-the-morning thing in the bud. I took meds (legally prescribed by my physician, thank you very much), and am waiting for them to kick in.

No comments: