14 February 2006

Discouragement

I've definitely reached the point at which I am disenchanted with the whole nonsense of searching for a job. The office of education and school district have been giving me the run around, since I think nobody really knows what is going on. No wonder they're short-staffed. Especially with regard to math teachers, who obviously are not going to put up with such shenanigans. I can speak only for the state of California, but I must say that my experience with school districts indicates that most of them are so patently stupid that they deserve the problems they have.

In the arena of the survival of the fittest, public schools would die. Despite the lack of a level playing field and incentive for the survival of the fittest, yea, even with extreme subsidation, I think public schools are going to die anyway. You heard it from me first. And I diagnosed the error of the Social Security program and predicted the baby boomer-related Social Security funding disaster 13 years ago. Being a pessimist guarantees that one is correct in one's predictions nearly all of the time.

Now, we're watching some Voyager episodes that we just got in the mail today.

1 comment:

Sher said...

You are very right about California school districts. That is one big reason I went to the private school sector.