26 April 2006

You went away; I let you. We broke the ties that bind...

Perhaps it has gone unnoticed that I've not been around for a few days. Or perhaps you've been wondering, "Why hasn't Deb been reading and commenting on my blog? And why didn't she e-mail me?"

The truth of the matter is that we've been without internet at home since Sunday. Yes, scary! Jeff just got a new wireless router and set it up today, so things should be fine from now on. However, I was experiencing some serious withdrawals, there.

To review life since my last post:
Friday evening, while Jeff worked on homework, I attended a scrapbooking evening at Gateway. It was nice, and I was able to get a lot of pictures sorted from my Israel trip (yes, I'm FINALLY getting to work on my Israel scrapbook). Saturday morning, Jeff went to the men's breakfast at Gateway (he mostly went b/c his grandfather wanted him to go, and bought him a ticket), and although I had intended to sleep in, I ended up not being able to get back to sleep. Nothing for it but to get up, and when I got online, Debbie invited me to chat; as it turned out, Jerry had also gone to the breakfast with Olaf and Jeff, so Debbie and I decided to have breakfast together and hang out. We had a great time, eating over at her place, and then decided to go out shopping for some scrapbook stuff that I decided I needed after working on scrapping the night before. Anyway, I hurried home after that, b/c Laurel was coming over (yay!), and we spent the afternoon together. The time was far too short, but we were able to sit and chat, visit Maverick's Coffee, and watch The Thin Man ("Waiter, will you serve the nuts? I mean, will you serve the guests the nuts?" Grand stuff. Laurel had never seen it before.). Sunday, Jeff worked on his project ALL DAY, and so we didn't make it to church or anywhere at all. Monday, I went to work, as per usual, and Jeff STILL worked on his project. He finally finished it, though.

Today, we both worked. Stuff is picking up pace at the SATC. I'm trying to become a subject matter expert on three things at once! Zowee! Due to this pertinent fact, I must go to bed and get my crucial beauty sleep (which, as anyone knows who has ever seen me, doesn't do much for my looks, but it must do at least SOMETHING for my intellect).

1 comment:

Sher said...

Welcome back. You were sorely missed! :o)