07 July 2006

Thursday random fifteen

I put my iPod on shuffle at work this afternoon, and here's what it spit out:
Look at Us Now, Serena Paris - I think this was the dance mix. I remember when they used to play this song on the radio, in the early 2000s. It seems so very long ago.
She Will Be Loved, Maroon 5 - Hey, I still like Maroon 5. I think they have talent. They need to stop flirting with boybandhood, though, and put some solid music in their next effort.
We are the Waiting, Green Day - Ah, yes. I know I am anxious see what Green Day will do after their American Idiot success. For one thing, it doesn't bode well, long-term, to constantly vilify one's target market (unless, of course, one is Groucho Marx).
Track 15, Various Artists - I admit it. I have no clue what this song is, or what album it was from. It was a random sort of jazz thing.
Du bist die Ruh, Renee Fleming - I like opera, but found this aria somewhat colourless.
Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year, Fallout Boy - Not emu. Emo. There's a difference.
Mutt, Blink-182 - *sniff* Blink-182 is still my favorite band. Ever.
Marie Marie, Marlene Dietrich - This takes me back to high school. I spent a lot of time with the old vinyl records I'd check out of the library, becoming acquainted with music of another time. I met Dietrich, Piaf, and Connie Francis.
Stay Together for the Kids, Blink-182 - More Blink-182. Huh.
Vittoria/Ave Maria, Opera Babes - It's time for another good idea/bad idea. Opera? Good idea. Techno opera? Bad idea. Oh, well, Opera Babes, it was a noble effort. PS The mezzo is fabulous, the first soprano not so much. Look into it.
Don't Tell Me That It's Over, Blink-182 - Wow, what are the odds? I mean, I don't have that many Blink-182 songs on my iPod...
I Would Walk 500 Miles, Less than Jake - Fun punkish cover of a well-known song.
Get Happy, Judy Garland - One of the greatest pop/jazz recordings of the 20th century. That's all.
O Little Town of Bethlehem, Jewel - I deleted my Christmas playlist, but apparently, that didn't delete the songs themselves from the iPod's song library.
I Wanna Be Loved, Helen Kane - Oldie but goodie. Boop-boop-be-doop! Helen Kane was something of a real-life model for the cartoon character Betty Boop.

No comments: