20 November 2006

Wedding - Dan 1

I need to chronicle five weddings, in-depth: Sherida's, Bekah's, Mia's, Christina's, and Dan's. I know, I know. I've been slacking badly. To make amends, I'm starting with the most recent, and will proceed backward, as time and back pains allow.

Week before last, Jeff and I drove all day to make it to Phoenix for the rehearsal, but forgot about the hour time difference between AZ and CA (it wasn't there a few weeks ago!), so we were late. However, Tim and Mia were even later than we were, so yay them! The rehearsal was pretty low-key. Jennifer was the most relaxed bride I've ever encountered; Dan was rather more uptight. I was there with a lot of my favorite people, though, so I had fun. There were Jeff, Mia and Tim, Mike, Dan, and dear Philip Scharer, as well as Jennifer and Meli, who are likely to become some of my favorite people.

The rehearsal dinner was at The Old Spaghetti Factory, which was nice, as I could order my favorite meal there, spaghetti with browned butter and mizithra cheese. Family members were gathered for the joyous occasion.

We had Jeffrey, looking handsome in his maroon shirt. Tim looked confident, while Mia seemed disconcerted. Mia posed with Uncle David and Aunt Susan. And Aunt Susan presented the happy couple with a quilt, handmade by the world-famous Susan Laity Price.





No comments: