14 February 2007

Pan's Labyrinth

Jeff observed that the proper name for this film is Labyrinth of the Faun, per the translation from the Spanish to the English.


We watched Pan's Labyrinth last Saturday night. I had read good reviews and was interested in seeing it, and when a friend from Bible study rang us up and proposed a trip to the theatre, Jeff and I agreed. I wasn't sure what to expect, even though I'm usually fond of artsy foreign movies, but I found myself completely blown away.

Yes, it was violent, although less so than many other films I've seen (*cough* Passion of the Christ *cough* or Braveheart *cough*), and the violence had a purpose: to highlight the horribleness of, well, senseless and cruel violence. And it demonstrated the truth of the scripture, "Greater love has no one than this, that he (or she) would lay down his life for another."

1 comment:

Humbled Man said...

Amanda and I saw this move last weekend and loved it! I can't say the last time we walked out of a theater speachless.