14 December 2007

Bah humbug 2!

One thing I really enjoy about Christmas is the music. One might not immediately realize, as I do not have Christmas carols or solstice songs playing round the clock from Thanksgiving through the Feast of the Wise Men. However, I love singing the good old music, and listening to quality renditions of these songs.

One aspect of the Christmas musical tradition that I DETEST is one peculiar, I am afraid, to the North American Protestant Christian subculture. I HATE the ubiquitous Amy Grant Christmas album. I am not one to listen to Amy Grant in the first place, and then the poor woman's Christmas album has been overplayed, ad nauseum, since its inception in the late 1980s or early 1990s. I have been known to remark that the most effective and insidious torture that could ever be inflicted upon me would be to immerse my body in cold water while playing Amy Grant's Christmas album on repeat.

No comments: