04 December 2007

Photographic evidence

This sweater is the famous Mommy Snug, made by Willow (the premiere designer/creator of custom knitted goods) over at Willow's Cottage.

When I first put it on, I said, "Oh, no!! This sweater is no good. It makes me look dumpy and pear-shaped!" It took only a few seconds before reality hit me upside the head, and I said, "Wait a minute, it's not the sweater's fault. I'm pregnant. I AM dumpy and pear-shaped!" The sweater is actually very flattering, and the color (selected by Willow) is perfect for me, although you can't see that as well, this picture having been taken at night in artificial light.
The picture was taken by Debbie in her living room, and Hobbes, usually camera-shy, makes a cameo appearance.

7 comments:

Willow said...

very very flattering!

Mama Mia said...

Sis, that sweater looks so good on you! I was reading your post out loud to Hubby and before I read your next sentence after "I AM dump and pear-shaped" ( which you are not) I said " Liar! That sweater flatters her!" and then read Hubby the next line and had to promise I wasn't sand-bagging it! :o)

You are so beautiful and I hope I look half as good as you when I am preggers. :o) Lots of love!

Wendy said...

You look great! I always liked the more fitted prego clothes rather then the tents. I love the color, too.

Sher said...

You do look great! At least you have a cute round belly. I never lost my waist line, so I had a kinda flat belly. It was weird.

Kiti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kiti said...

Thanks, everyone, you are so sweet! I have to admit, being round and rolly-polly (sp?) is a whole new experience for me. I definitely feel big and dumpy.

Wendy, I have some loose shirts that make me look non-pregnant still. But I haven't gotten anything tent-like.

Sherida, did you carry Caleb wrapped around you right under your ribcage, or something? Otherwise, how did you avoid losing your waistline?

Mama Mia said...

I still can't get over what a gorgeous pregnant woman you are! You are beautiful to begin with, and this just makes you even cuter! :o)