12 November 2010

Thankfulness

November has the distinction of being known for a few things: "fall back" time change, predominantly dreary weather in most places in the northern hemisphere, and US Thanksgiving. I like the time change, myself, because I enjoy having more light in the mornings and also the fact that we have returned to actual normal time. However, I have never been a fan of autumn or winter, and particularly not the weather. So far, November is a draw. But one thing I can say is good about November is that many people make it a point to focus on things for which they are thankful.

I know I am very thankful for the job that God provided for me more than a year and a half ago. It is not easy to be focused on productivity, and I fail often. However, I know I am very fortunate to have a job at all, much less one that I truly enjoy much of the time. This past week was very stressful, not because of anything related to my tasks at work, but because this was the week that we had to select our benefits for 2011. So many options! What plan should I select? What is the best decision to make for the Little Bug and me?! I must admit that having a child really bumps up the pressure to make the right choice. But amid the pressure, I forgot that even having the opportunity to make the choice at all is such a blessing at a time when so many are without employment and/or insurance.

Fortunately, it is all over now, and I am trusting to the Lord that I did make all the correct decisions. Our health and our finances are in His hands every moment, and while we should make use of resources He has given us, ultimately, He will provide and protect and He doesn't need paperwork.

2 comments:

Willow said...

So true! I love your sentence "He will provide and protect and He doesn't need paperwork."

Candace said...

I agree with Willow! And I totally understand the stress of choosing the best plan. We went through that last month, and I must say, I'm glad it's over.