30 April 2011

Saturday's child

I like Saturdays. Really, who in western culture doesn't? One usually doesn't have school or work on Saturday, and it's the beginning of the weekend, so one can enjoy it without yet facing the Sunday evening let-down. I was also born on a Saturday, which makes me Saturday's child. In the old nursery rhyme, "Saturday's child works hard for a living". Oh, wait, that's kind of a downer, especially when compared to Monday's child ("fair of face"). But it's pretty upbeat compared to Wednesday's child ("full of woe"), so I'm not complaining. Fortunately, I do like working and being productive, so it's not as much of a drag as it could be. I'm sure my Saturdays will be pleasantly full and busy, as I'll be readying the house for move-in at the same time as I'll be packing up and readying the apartment for move-out. But it will all be worth it!

2 comments:

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Real Deal said...

Heh...Connor has the line in the 1st grader play about the weekdays: "Wednesdays child is full of woe." I had never heard of that till he started practicing his line.