10 February 2006

Great fun

Today, I went to work with Jeff. Sadly, no one mistook us for participants in Take Your Child to Work Day, but still...

I drove up to Fresno with Jeff, and then went over to the Fresno City Public Library for a few hours. As far as city libraries go, it was LAME. Quite small for a city as large as Fresno. Metered parking in Fresno is nice, though: 1 cent per minute. Yes, one can park for one hour and forty minutes, for a measly dollar.

Jeff and I went to lunch with one of Jeff's bosses, because they are interested in me for a possible job at the district that fits my abilities quite nicely, and so we had a sort of informal "check me out" interview at lunch. It seemed to go well, and I wore my pink suit again (although I had to forego the lucky Hello Kitty undies). We'll see how it goes, since things like this can take rather a long time, and I don't have a lot of time. I need a job ASAP!

After lunch, I sat around in Jeff's office, reading Plato and listening to my iPod.

It was nice to spend a lot of time with Jeff. If I do get a job with the school district up in Fresno, it will be nice to commute with him. We'll have an extra hour and a half to hang out together, each weekday! We were both exhausted when we got home, though, and there was no one there with dinner waiting (hmmm, can we train the cats to cook, maybe?). When we're both employed, we'll have to figure out how the whole fixing meals thing works again. Tonight, Jeff had hot dogs, and I had a frozen pizza; when I was cooking my pizza in the toaster oven, Jeff decided he wanted one of those, too... Anyway, we watched some Law and Order (the first time I have seen any of those shows) and part of MXC (terribly funny).

1 comment:

Jen said...

Deb...in a pink suit? I find myself completely unable to visualize this.