28 February 2006

I Heart The Doctor

Jeff and I finished Voyager Season 2 this evening, having received the disk from Netflix in the mail. Much of the time, Voyager is cheesy and repetitive, but I am starting to have a lot of affection for some of the characters. The Doctor and Tuvok always make me smile!
We are total Sci Fi addicts! It's sad, really. However, I'm starting to understand how there has come to be a certain amount of fanaticism among the fan bases of various shows. It's also fun to see how various shows "cross-pollinate". For example, one starts to recognize various actors bringing their special talents and personalities to multiple genre series:
Mitch Pileggi made his mark as the enigmatic Skinner on The X-Files, and is now rough-and-ready as the top-ranking military officer Col. Caldwell on Stargate: Atlantis. Armin Shimerman was recognizeably repugnant as Quark on various Star Trek shows (TNG, DS9, and Voyager), and Principle Snyder on Buffy; he appeared in an episode of Stargate SG-1, as well. Ben Browder and Claudia Black both moved from Farscape to Stargate SG-1. Pretty Jewel Staite was a little girl in an X-Files episode, a wraith nymphet in a Stargate: Atlantis episode, and spunky mechanic Kaylee in Firefly. Even Lucy Lawless of Xena fame did a guest bit on Battlestar Galactica last Friday, as an aggressive cylon. Hee, so fun!

I have an interview scheduled for Wednesday. It is for an operations-type job. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Now, I'm watching SG-1 save the world, on the Sci Fi channel.

No comments: