14 March 2006

Phlebotonom

Jeff and I are doing computer stuff and watching Buffy with the writer/director commentary. It's quite interesting. You should try it some time.

DSFGE 32. Boy, am I getting tired of all this. It wasn't a bad day, however. I had an interview with a staffing agency, since I am hoping to at least get temporary work while I progress on being ready and able to apply for teaching jobs (if that indeed is where I end up; things are so confusing right now). While I was there, I took the standard "office skills" tests, on Excel, Word, typing, and "basic office stuff". My scores were apparently quite good, and the recruiter was very excited about that, and about my work experience. She has a permanent job opening for which I might be perfect! I dunno. If it's something I'd enjoy, maybe I'll go for that. I told her I would definitely be willing to consider it. I'm going to take the CSET on Saturday anyway, but things are by no means certain in any direction, I guess.

I did something equally as exciting afterward: I went to the library and got myself a card! I like libraries, and it's always an important thing for me to sort of establish myself at the local library whenever I move to a new place. The fact that I haven't done it sooner is a definite indication of my general languidity of late. I got some nice books (sadly, there were no Math CSET prep books, which were ostensibly the reason why I even opted to go to the library in the first place), but the Visalia library is... small. Much smaller than the Beaverton or even Hillsboro libraries. I think it's less well-equipped than the Fullerton one. It's about the same size as La Mirada, but the La Mirada library seemed to have more modern and extensive books and other media.

Okay, well, I came home, had lunch, and tutored my geometry student again. I hope she recommends me to some of her friends.

I made blackened Italian chicken (tasty, but ended up a bit dry, as I cook meat to death in an effort to avoid even the slightest bit of pink meat in the center) with marinara pasta for dinner. Unfortunately, I didn't do any laundry. I'll have to do that tomorrow.

No comments: