14 March 2006

Weekend

This weekend was fairly easy-going, if a little chilly.

We watched Voyager and Angel episodes, and didn't do much else, since the weather was spotty enough to preclude any yardwork activities. Saturday evening, we were blessed to have dinner and chat with the Yoshimotos (Bill and Judy); they are, I think, really hoping that we will decide to go to church at Gateway. I am not overly fond of that idea, but to be honest, I don't much care for any of the churches we've visited. I told Jeff that he can just make his choice, and I'll just go along.
After dinner, we had to zip away home, since we received word that we were going to have surprise guests: Ben!, his brother Barry, and Barry's two children. They were all up in Fresno for a cousin's wedding, and had planned to drive south that night. However, the 5 was closed over the Grapevine, due to snow, and they needed to stay the night somewhere in the valley. Cue in Jeff and Kiti and their house of hospitality! Seriously, though, it was great to see Ben (I was just realizing, we've known each other for almost ten years) and to be able to help friends in need. I made pancakes the next morning, and was greatly amused to watch the children interacting with the cats. The younger child, in particular, was cute and funny, and he seemed to also like hanging out in the kitchen chatting me up while I cooked. I didn't mind, since both children had good behavior. I dislike poorly-behaved children, and feel awkward even among nice kids, since I can never think of anything to say to them; this young fellow solved that problem by being gregarious and bringing up all manner of topics to discuss, on his own initiative. Because of our company, we weren't able to get to church, but we plan to go next week.

Puji Tuhan! I have another appointment with the girl I tutored last week. I'm glad, because I really sensed that she needed some more help. Her mom e-mailed me, and had nice things to say about the results of that one hour last week, which are the results that I truly desire for any student that I help.

Now Josh is here. He's here in town on business, so he's spending the night with us because we're more fun than his parents. Heheh.

Let's see. I spent a long time chatting with K-W a few nights ago. We discussed everything from Nietzshe and western centrism to secret celebrity crushes, living and dead. K-W is a cool guy, and he's single, ladies.

No comments: