09 May 2006

Traveling

Well, here I am in sunny (ha!) southern California. I drove down with Alice (aka Warrior Princess, aka WP) last night, and we started up with training this morning.

But back to the weekend. Friday evening, Jeff planned to go to a Halo party at church, so I made plans of my own. I arranged to go over to Debbie and Jerry's house, where we watched Mean Girls while I sorted my Israel photos. It was very enjoyable. I saw a lot of Debbie's garden, too, and it looks very nice right now.

Saturday morning, we woke up and went to the library book sale, which is something we often enjoy. We didn't eat breakfast (we're stupid that way, even though we know it's a bad idea), so we were starving, and had to find something to eat downtown. After that, we went to some stores, and then returned home. We had found out that there was a performance of Sleeping Beauty at the local community theater (their last for the season), so we bought tickets on a whim (at $7 per ticket, it's cheaper than a movie) and went out for an evening at the theater (after having dinner at a yummy Thai place). We really enjoyed it, even if it was a bit cheesy, since it turned out that it was really geared for young children. We need to remember to pay attention to the various arts opportunities in Visalia; apparently there are a few community theater groups, not to mention musical things happen on a regular basis. Even in the Central Valley, though, it's not necessarily inexpensive to go to more local entertainment. Grr.
Anyway, since our play was for children, it ended by 8:30 pm. We decided to make a night of it, and upon returning home, watched the movie Go. I wasn't sure what to make of it, at first, but found myself enjoying it when I finally identified it as a very dark comedy.

We went to the 10:30 church service, then ate lunch and picked up my rental car for the trip down south. After napping and packing in the afternoon, it was time for me to go out, pick up Alice from her house, and drive down to Orange County (our hotel is just a few miles from where I used to live).

We did important stuff today, then ate dinner, and met up with my family (Dad and Mum, Dan and Mia) and a few friends (Elizabeth, the Winters) at Capriccio Gelato Caffe. Once again, let me urge you all to patronize this establishment, if you live in the area. It is delicious and authentic Italian gelato, conveniently located in the Amerige Heights shopping center. A filling little dish of ice cream costs about the same amount as a drink from Starbucks, but is more exotic. It's a great place to meet friends and enjoy life.

Now, I am in the hotel room, about to shower and go to bed. I have my first experience training with an actual customer tomorrow. Yeek! Love to all.

5 comments:

Willow said...

It was wuvely to see you!

Sher said...

I missed it ... :,o(

You gotta call when it's short notice like that!!

Kiti said...

Sherida - So sorry to have missed you! You wouldn't have liked me to call so late on Sunday (midnight), but I'm sorry you didn't get the e-mail in time.

I'm going to be down again on the weekend before Memorial Day, for Sara's graduation. I'm going to start making plans now, and maybe stay with family or friends through Saturday.

Sher said...

But you didn't email until afternoon/evening on Monday. I would have loved to come, but don't check my email until late evening, if at all.

If you are here early enough Mem Wknd, you can come to my bridal shower on Saturday! I meant to have an invitation mailed to you, but did not get your addy in time.

Kiti said...

Actually, I sent the e-mail just before midnight on Sunday night. If you did not receive it until afternoon/evening on Monday, it might have been delayed by your e-mail server. That's happened to me before.

I can probably plan to be there on Saturday of Mem Weekend. I'll be there Friday night for the graduation, and hope to stick around for a day or so. I have to be home on Sunday, though, as someone volunteered our house for a Bible study BBQ.