19 July 2006

Excitement

This weekend, Jeff and I made yet another whirlwind trip down to the LA area. We were going down to see friends and family at the more-or-less annual Alternate Banquet, which became smaller and more intimate this year through necessity.

Jeff and I interrupt our cheesecake-eating to pose for a photo.



The whole gang: Sandra and William, Jeremy (sans Sara, who was at her grandfather's funeral in OR), Mum and Dad, Deb and Jeff, Elizabeth, Mia, Christina and Will. I love these people!

Sister pose! We're practicing for the future, when we'll rule art gallery openings, embassy balls, and the proverbial red carpet with a double set of well-manicured iron fists (in velvet gloves, of course).



















We returned on Sunday to have Bible study. We are starting a study of the book of Acts. People had originally wanted to speed through Acts in 10-12 lessons, but after my introductory overview, they agreed to a happier 23-lesson plan. Heheheh.

We've both been working hard, and we've also been to the gym a few times. I'm trying Pilates, which is actually really easy for me, as I have (for some unknown reason) naturally strong abs. I am making an effort to have a good attitude about exercise.

3 comments:

Willow said...

Wow! How did I ever manage to give birth to TWO beautiful women???

Mama Mia said...

The luck of the draw and good genetics ;oP

Sher said...

shucks, I missed out this year. :(