04 August 2006

Happy Days

Today is the birthday of my Kakak Dan! Dan is the person, together with my parents, that I have actually known my entire life. That is many, many years of knowing each other. We don't always agree on things, which just goes to make life more interesting, but we always have each others' backs. Some of my best memories of life with Dan include that time in Meyokda that he cut my hair (end result: disaster), that other time in Meyokda that he got me lost in the jungle (end result: disaster averted), all those years of boarding school (end result: well, we are both well enough educated to have masters degrees), and our occasional theatre work (The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, Virtue is Her Own Reward, at Sentani, and The Promise at Cedar Mill Bible Church--Dan portrayed Satan, and very well!). He followed me to college, and then grad school, and it was a very sweet time in December when we both graduated with degrees from Talbot.
Today, Dan is 31, and a very accomplished scholar, theologian, and minister, not to mention officer in the US Army.

In other news, Sara and Jeremy left for Africa today. I wish them good luck and much health as they seek the LORD's will, exploring possible locations for their future ministry with Wycliffe. I'm so envious! It may sound crazy, but sometimes, I really miss living in a third world country. =(

No comments: