04 August 2006

Following up on my paragraph about Dan: I didn't mean to give Mia short shrift on July 31, but when I posted, I was really tired and couldn't think of much to say.

Mia's birth is something that I remember very clearly. Mulia, Irian Jaya, Indonesia - Dan, Mike, and I were so excited to have a baby sister! She really was a beautiful baby, and fortunately, she stayed beautiful. Mia is a sibling that has occasionally been a challenge for me; Not only do we not always see eye-to-eye, but we often seem to be existing on different planets! We're growing closer as we get older. Still, I never let her forget who's older and really in charge, and she never lets me forget who's The Princess... But seriously, I've been so proud of her growth as a Christian and as an intellect, in the past few years. She went to college, developed an interest in history, archaeology, and science (three of my pet passions), and suddenly we have SO MUCH to talk about. But I would have been equally proud, had Mia chosen to do something else entirely with her life, because she's becoming her own person and doing a great job of it.
Mia, please don't have kids any time soon, because I don't know how I'd handle my Baby having a baby.

No comments: