24 August 2006

To: Marguerite Gautier

Cc: Mimi, Satine, Violetta Valery

RE: Consumption

Ladies,

I regret to inform you that I will NOT be joining your august assembly. I have been tested for tuberculosis and been determined to be TB-negative. These are circumstances most fortunate, I having been provided with BCG vaccination as a small child, and thus having the distinct possibility of testing TB-positive, due to the antibodies being already present in my system (yet another of the oft-hidden pitfalls of a third-world upbringing). I was actually pretty stressed about it, as a positive test would have necessitated a chest x-ray and all sorts of nonsense, despite my documentation of medical history and vaccinations.

At any rate, please enjoy your dubious immortality with the wasting disease.

Sincerely yours,
Kiti Fantastico Feely

No comments: