I read somewhere that there are three kinds of people in the world: men, women, and engineers. I left my engineering post at the Humungous Anonymous Technical Company, but as my dad would say, "Once an engineer, always an engineer". It's an INTJ thing, too. I find engineering humor and geek humor to be irresistible.
For example, the following tidbit is funny because it's TRUE.
Engineers have different objectives when it comes to social interaction. "Normal" people expect to accomplish several unrealistic things from social interaction:
1. Stimulating and thought-provoking conversations
2. Important social contacts
3. A feeling of connectedness with other humans
In contrast to "normal" people, engineers have rational objectives for social interactions:
1. Get it over with as soon as possible.
2. Avoid getting invited to something unpleasant.
3. Demonstrate mental superiority and mastery of all subjects.