19 December 2006

Not idly do the pants of Lorien fall

We are watching The Two Towers. A few years ago, when the LOTR films came out, there was a little word game that I heard a few times: the "pants" game. Take a line from the books or films, and replace one of the nouns in the quote with the word "pants". Much hilarity ensues.

For example, the real quote from which the title is drawn is, "Not idly do the leaves of Lorien fall". See? Hilarious!

I make it a point of pride to know that I have been a Tolkien fan for more than 20 years. I was obsessed with Tolkien and Middle-Earth long before it was fashionable to be so. I read the Silmarillion when I was in fourth grade. I studied Elvish scripts and languages. Oh, dear, I've been a geek since childhood. Oh, well, I'll just embrace my destiny.

No comments: