05 January 2007

Disaster!

Jeff alluded to a problem with domain controllers and accounts, which translates to me losing a month and a half worth of documents and data from my laptop. I didn't understand what actually happened, but when he told me about it, I recognized the words "cache" and "back up". I do have backups through November 19, 2006, but don't understand how anything could have been deleted from my hard drive when Jeff supposedly just made a profile or account for me on my computer. But my files are gone, gone, GONE!! Wah!! Fortunately, it was not a crushing blow, and I'll recover from it, but I've done some writing, particularly things related to my lists (I'm a mad list-keeper) and movie reviews, and I don't know if I'll be able to reconstruct some of it.

Woe is me.

No comments: