01 April 2007

Benign neglect

Dear faithful readers (if indeed I do have any),

I have neglected you. Shame on me!

So what's new in the life of Deb? Not much. Jeff and I have been going to work, coming home, playing World of Warcraft, watching a few TV shows, and in general, contributing as little as possible to the advancement of the human race (which doesn't bother me, as I don't much like people anyway).

I've been slowly reading my way through a few books: After the Ice (Yes, still--it's a long book.) and The Introvert Advantage (Aha! I knew there had to be at least one.). I'll be posting information and reviews.

I've watched a fair number of my dear old movies. Some were great, some good, some just barely decent:
Sunrise - great
Peter Ibbetson - good
Design for Living - good
If You Could Only Cook - good
More Than a Secretary - decent
The Rich Are Always With Us - decent
The Importance of Being Earnest - good, bordering on great
Designing Woman - good
Two Arabian Knights - good
Cattle Empire - decent, but it had Joel McCrea, so bordering on good
Elephant Walk - good
The Penguin Pool Murder - great
The Mating Season - great
Adventure in Manhattan - decent, but again, Joel McCrea...
I also watched a more modern movie:
Bride and Prejudice - good, bordering on great

Far from being completely lazy, however, I have been doing useful things like washing dishes and the laundry.

On a larger scale, Jeff and I are trying to figure out what to do with our lives , long-term as well as in the next year or so. My current favored occupations are:
Beach bum - Low start-up cost, but becomes increasingly difficult, the further one lives from a coast.
Film and/or art critic - I think it would be fabulous to get paid to say nasty things about other people's hard work and creative endeavors. Maybe I don't know art, but I know what I don't like.
Performance artist - I could put all those black clothes from my early twenties to good use.
Shock novelist - If you thought The Da Vinci Code and National Treasure were bad, wait till you read my next opus, wherein you'll discover that Rand McNally are behind a huge international conspiracy and their road maps contain coded information regarding the path to a planet near a star called Kolob...

Anyway, glad to hear from any of you, and drop by my blog any time.

All the best,
Kiti Fantastico

6 comments:

Willow said...

I'm a faithful reader, checking every day :)

Mama Mia said...

Hooray for Bride & Prejudice! I'm glad taht is made your almost great list. :o) I'm having all the girls from our youth group over this week and am thinking about showing it (Mean Girls is the runner up)

Oh, and my vote is for beach bum-- sell all your things, put the money in a savings account and move to Indonesia! Set for life as a beach bum in the prettiest place on earth. ;oP haha

Mama Mia said...

*edit*
that not taht
and a period at the end of the first paragraph. heh.

Humbled Man said...

Hi Deb...still checking every day. How are you and Jeff doing. I haven't much at all from you guys. We have to get together sometime soon (after finals of course!).

Sher said...

I'm still stopping by every now and again. My blog has been sorely neglected, as well, so I must say that I understand.

We are also on the potential-career-change path. I like the Beach Bum idea.

Graf Spee said...

I still read regularly. :}