14 December 2007

Christmas Meme

Stolen from Wendy.

A Christmas Meme
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Gift bags: They appeal to my laziness but still look classy.

2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial, to avoid trouble, needles in the carpet, fire hazard, etc.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Meh. Some years, never. Other years, mid-Decemberish.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Probably early January.

5. How/When did you find out about Santa?
What do you mean, "find out about Santa"? I can't remember when I first heard of Santa Claus. However, I always knew he wasn't real. I can't believe that anybody actually ever has believed that Santa Claus is real, but apparently, it is a consistent phenomenon in the Western world.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Anne of Green Gables books, received when I was 9 and 10.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene?
Yes, but it's still packed.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
Everyone is difficult for me. I'm a terrible shopper and can never figure out what to get for anyone.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
No one. Everyone is difficult.

10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received?
Can't think of any horrible presents. I've gotten a few inexplicable ones, like this weird purple stone and wire sculpture in the shape of a tree...

11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Neither. I'm too lazy. Although I hope to change that.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Not technically, 100% a Christmas movie, but Meet Me In St. Louis. Best Christmas scene ever, best Christmas song ever coming from a movie.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
December.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Can't remember if I have. I don't think so.

15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas?
Cookies. Fudge. All the good things.

16. White lights or colored on the tree?
White on a dark green tree!

17. Favorite Christmas song?
I like a lot of Christmas songs, and one we don't sing nearly enough is "Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus".

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
It depends on where I'd be traveling.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
No. But I can look it up on Google if I really need to know, and that's almost as good, right?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Whatever. I have no preference. I seldom have a tree.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning. If I had it my way, we'd wait till the Feast of the Wise Men, but everyone else gets so impatient.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
See all my Bah humbug! posts.

23. What is the “silliest” family tradition you do, or miss doing?
The silliest thing we would do was "put milk and cookies out for Santa," because to the best of my knowledge none of us believed in Santa. It was just a fun, funny tradition. We also liked to leave a carrot out for Rudolph.

24. Ugliest Christmas decoration ever invented?
Big plastic snowmen and Santas with lights inside. Hideous!

25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees?
This question makes no sense. Isn't a homey tree a kind of theme tree? As in, the theme itself is "homey"?

26. Gingerbread or sugar cookies?
Sugar cookies, all the way.

27. Do you like Fruitcake?
No.

4 comments:

Willow said...

I agree on the sugar cookies! I baked some yesterday and they're waiting to be frosted.

Mama Mia said...

I need to make more cookies for another Christmas party... yikes!

Do you know that I've never read all of the Anne books? They are pretty high up on my list, but I've only ready Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea (sp?).

Mama Mia said...

oo-oo-oo I forgot to mention how amazingly wonderful Meet Me in St Louis is! I've been watching the scene where she sings Have Yourself.. on youtube since before Thanksgiving.

Oh, and I always wanted to know whether mom ate the carrot or dad and who got the cookies. Did you ever wonder that? Because whoever got the carrot got the bum end of the deal! ;oP

Unknown said...

I prefer carrots to cookies most of the time.