24 November 2010

So far so good

Shhh!! The Little Bug has finally quieted down, and I think that the Bapa, who is in sitting with him, may be asleep as well.

I survived the surgery (three total teeth removed, only one impacted) well enough. The general anesthetic is pretty good, in that I just went to sleep and when they called me to wake me up, I felt as if I was waking up from a long nap. So far the pain is manageable, especially with some good medicine.

The worst part is dealing with the Bug. It's difficult because I'm a very "hands-on" mommy, and it's our custom to do a lot of physical stuff, like rough-housing and rolling around on the ground. He often sleeps next to me in bed, and he still nurses almost every night. The poor Little Bug has had all of his routines and comforts interrupted, and he can't understand why.

Well, I'm off to get ready for bed so that I can get the rest I need.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Glad the surgery went well. Happy Thanksgiving! (It is still happy for you, right? Even if you can't eat turkey?)