07 April 2006

Hey, all.

I'm tired, and have been doing laundry all evening after working all day. Time for bed, soon.

They're certainly keeping me busy at the SATC. I have new responsibilities every day, and you know what? I DON'T MIND. As long as they don't ask me to head up a project that demands results without a smidgen of budget, I'm fine. They'll give me a raise in a few months, though, if they know what's good for them.

Since I've been working, and Jeff has been working, we haven't done much else, and there has been nothing new and exciting in our lives, other than the fact that the house is now messier than ever. Sometimes I get pretty depressed about the fact that I am just not gifted in the area of domesticity (except cooking--I can cook pretty well when I put my mind to it), and it makes me feel like a failure. However, I then remind myself that I am smart and occasionally energetic, and soon I will be the world's expert on a particular software application (in contrast to my last job, where I was very nearly the world's expert on a particular inertial instrument; if nothing else, I totally ruled in the area of implementation and systems interaction for that instrument). La-de-da.

Time to go switch the laundry from washer to dryer!

1 comment:

Melissa P. said...

Don't worry, Deb, I suck at being domestic too. I can't cook at all! But I can do dishes, gosh darn it.